In This Article
Adding a related LibGuide to an event
- Click on the event you want to modify on your calendar. This will launch the Event Details window.
- Click on the Modify Single Event button. If this is a repeating event, you can also edit every event in the series -- here's how:
- Expand the Modify Single Event dropdown by clicking on the down arrow () button.
- Select Modify All Recurring Events from the dropdown menu.
- Make any needed changes to the event's title and description in the Title & Event Info section.
- Event Title: this is the title of the event, which will display prominently on the calendar and in any notification emails.
- Event Description: this is optional, but gives you the opportunity to write up a description about the event. Use the rich text editor to add styles and images, too!
- More Information About This Event: if you'd like to include additional info about the event, but don't want to include it in the description, you can add it here. This will display on the event's page, below the description and registration (if enabled).
- Featured Image URL: you can upload an image to go along with the event, such as a logo, book cover art, or picture of the library. It will display next to the title and event details on the public calendar and event pages.
- Click on the Upload Image button to upload an image from your computer. Images uploaded using this method are not stored in your Image Manager library.
- Click on the Launch Image Manager button to upload or select an image from your LibApps Image Manager libraries. This is recommend if you plan to reuse this image again later.
- For best results, images should be no larger than 200px x 200px.
- Related LibGuide: if you also subscribe to LibGuides, you can include a link to a guide that is related to your event.
- Friendly URL: if you'd like to customize the URL to your event's public page, enter a nickname (aka slug) for it in the Friendly URL field.
- The nickname will appear at the end of your calendar's URL, which is displayed in the Friendly URL field for your convenience.
- Use only letters, numbers, hyphens, or underscores. Spaces and special characters are not allowed.
- Friendly URLs are case sensitive, so we recommend using only lowercase letters.
- Friendly URLs must be unique. If the nickname you entered is in use by another event, an alert message will notify you when saving your event.
- Submit your changes.
Featured images: how to use the Image Manager
When adding a featured image to an event, you'll be able to select or upload an image to your LibApps Image Manager library. Images added to your Image Manager can be reused throughout LibApps, such as in your LibGuides and LibCal systems. If you've never worked with the Image Manager before, here's how to get started:
- Once you've clicked the Launch Image Manager button, your Image Manager will open in a new browser window.
- Click the Personal Library button to view images in your own, personal image library (only you can upload and manage images here).
- Click the Shared Library button to view images in your system's shared library (only Admins can upload images here, but all users can reuse them).
- In the Folders column, you can click on a folder name to view the images inside it.
- To create a new folder, enter a name for it in the Create New Folder field and click the Create button.
- To upload a new image to the current folder, click the Upload New Image button. You can upload any JPG, JPEG, GIF, PNG, or ICO file up to 5MB in size.
- To insert an image, click on the Reuse this Image () icon under its thumbnail. This will copy the image's URL directly into your event's Featured Image URL field.