Move an equipment item to a new category and / or location
To move an item to a new category (which can be in a different location, if desired):
- Go to Admin > Equipment & Spaces.
- Under the Manage Locations tab, find the location containing the category you want to move and click on its link in the Equipment column.
- Click on the item's move () icon in the Action column.
- Note: this action is only enabled for master item records. When you move a master record, all of its linked records will move with it.
- In the Move Item window, select the new category for this item from the Category dropdown.
- Categories are grouped by location so you can easily see to which location a category belongs.
- Click the Move Item button.
Once an item is moved, it will inherit the new category and location's settings, email templates, and hours. If this is a master item record, all of its linked items will move with it to the new category.