Viewing the public booking page
The Equipment module provides your patrons with a dedicated interface that they can use to book items. This allows your patrons to easily browse equipment at each location, check their availability, and submit their bookings.
To view the public booking page while logged into LibCal:
- Click on Equipment in the navigation bar
- At the top of the page, select the Location you wish to view from the dropdown.
- Under the Booking Grid & Availability tab, select the Category you wish to view and click the Go button.
- Above the booking grid, click on the View Public Page button. This will open the public booking page for that catalog in a new window.
Linking to the public booking page
You can also link directly to the catalog's URL, which can be found by adding /equipment to your LibCal URL (e.g. http://mylibrary.libcal.com/equipment).
An admin can also add an Equipment Booking List item to your LibCal homepage using the Home Page Editor (under Admin > Look & Feel).
You can also generate a QR code that you can use to share a link to your catalog. These QR codes can serve as a shortcut to your public bookings page for people using smartphones -- all they need to do is scan the QR code with an app that can read QR codes and they can navigate right to your catalog.
To generate a QR code:
- Above the booking grid, click on the QR Code button.
- Then, right-click on the QR code image and save it to your computer. You can then use that image in your library website, handouts, or signs.
Booking an item
- Select the Location you want to browse.
- Each location will have different categories of equipment. You can use the Category dropdown to filter to a specific category.
- Or, use the search box to search for a specific item.
- Once you've located the item you want to book, click on the Availability link for that item to view when it is available.
- Or, click on the More details link for that item. This will take you to the item's page, where you can also view the item's description, instructions, and availability.
- Navigate to the date when you want to book the item.
- Use the Go To Date button to view availability times on a specific date.
- Use the Back () and Forward () buttons to navigate between date periods.
- If there are no available times in the current view, the Next Available button will appear. Clicking this button will jump you to the next available time slot.
- Click on an available time slot for a space to start a booking at that time.
- Use the horizontal scroll bar to view additional dates/times in the grid.
- To select a different return date, click on the Change Return Date button. The available dates will depend upon the item's booking limits and any upcoming bookings.
- To remove the item from your booking, click on its trash can () button.
- Click on the Add to Cart button to add the item to your booking and keep browsing the catalog. (Note: if you add additional items or rooms to your cart, they must have the same location and start time as the first item.)
- Or, if you're ready to checkout, click on the Add to Cart & Checkout button (you can skip to Step 8).
- If you're done adding items to your cart, click on the Checkout button in the upper right corner of the page. This button will also indicate how many items are currently in your cart.
- Review any terms & conditions for the item, then click the Continue button. If you have LibAuth enabled, you will be prompted to authenticate before submitting your booking.
- To remove an item before submitting your booking, click on its Remove button under Booking Details.
- You can also add additional items by clicking the Make Another Booking button.
- Fill out the booking form.
- Click the Submit My Booking button. The patron will receive a notification email to confirm the booking if email verification is required.
- Once the booking has been confirmed (via email verification, automatically, or by mediation), the patron will receive a confirmation/mediation approved email with an ICS file for the booking.