How to set up Exchange sync for a space using the Azure OAuth 2 integration
With OAuth 2 calendar sync enabled in your LibCal Integrations settings, you will have the option to enable two-way sync between LibCal spaces and Exchange room resource calendars.
Before you begin, please note the following about room resource calendars in Office 365:
- In order to select a room mailbox's calendar for syncing with LibCal, it's default calendar must first be shared with you by an Office 365 administrator.
- Once shared, you will then need to add the room's calendar to your Outlook calendar using the Discover Calendars option.
- Microsoft provides more info about calendar sharing in their Office 365 Support site. However, please consult with your Office 365 for help setting up calendar sharing.
To connect a space to one of your Exchange room resources, a LibCal admin will need to follow the steps below.
- Log into LibCal and go to Admin > Spaces & Equipment.
- Under the Manage Locations tab, navigate to the location containing the space you want to configure and click on its link in the Spaces column.
- Under the location's Spaces tab, locate the space you want to configure and click on its edit () icon in the Actions column.
- On the Edit Space page, click on the Exchange tab.
- In the Outlook/Exchange Settings box and click the Authorize with Microsoft Account button.
- Don't see this option? A yellow alert message will indicate if OAuth 2 Authorization is not currently set up or enabled for your system. Please contact your LibCal admin for assistance, or use the legacy Password Authentication method.
- Note: if you were previously using the password authentication method, these settings will remain in place until you have enabled the OAuth 2 syncing method.
- You will be taken to the sign-in page for your Microsoft account. Enter your Outlook username and password to log in.
- When prompted, click Yes to grant permissions for the LibCal app to read your profile and write events to your calendar.
- These permissions are required in order for LibCal to create, edit, and delete events for your scheduled shifts.
- This only needs to be done once for your account, unless you revoke these permissions in your Microsoft account settings.
- You'll be taken back to your LibCal Outlook/Exchange settings. In the Outlook/Exchange Settings box, select the calendar to which you want to sync your shifts.
- Click the Save button.
- You can return to this page at any time to disable syncing. Simply click the Remove Authorization button and shifts will no longer be synced to your calendar.
- Once the authorization has been saved, you will have the option to export the space's future bookings to Exchange. To do this, click on the Run the Export button in the Outlook/Exchange Bulk Export box.
- Note: this option only appears if there are future LibCal bookings in that space. You will not see the Outlook/Exchange Bulk Export box if there are no future bookings in that space.