Link an event calendar to a library or department from the Hours module
To help you avoid adding events when your library is not open, you can link your calendar to a library or department from your Hours module. When adding or editing an event's date and times, LibCal will let you know if they fall outside the opening hours for the selected library or department. Not using the Hours module yet? Check out the Create and manage your library hours in LibCal springboard for more info. You'll need at least one library before you can set up the calendar integration.
If you are creating a new calendar, you'll find this option in the Create Calendar window. To link an existing calendar to a library or department's hours:
- Click on Calendars from the command bar.
- Click on the calendar's title from the Modify/View Calendar column on the Calendar Index tab.
- Click on the Settings button.
- Choose Calendar Settings from the dropdown.
- In the Modify Calendar window, select a library or department from your Hours module from the Linked to LibCal Opening Hours. This is the library or department that will be checked each time you add or edit an event's date or times.
- Click Save.