In the event that you need to cancel a large number of equipment bookings quickly, Admin-level users are able to cancel the bookings returned in a booking explorer report in bulk.
Important note about canceling bookings that are linked to an event: the bulk cancellation tool currently skips bookings that are linked to events. These bookings must still be cancelled manually. For best results, we recommend that you edit the event(s) directly using the modify event page and remove the equipment from the event's Equipment field.
- Go to the Equipment module
- Click on the Booking Explorer tab.
- Select the Location and Category that you want to cancel bookings in.
- If you want to view the bookings for all of the categories in a location, select All Categories from the Category dropdown.
- Use the filters to narrow the number of bookings that are returned in the report and click the Go button.
- It may be useful to use the Status filter to limit the bookings to a particular status. For instance, you may only way to cancel your Confirmed or Mediated Approved bookings. Choosing a status also helps to keep previously cancelled bookings out of the report.
- Check the Search All Locations checkbox to search for bookings system-wide.
- Select the checkboxes next to each booking that you want to cancel or use the Select all bookings on this page checkbox to select all of the bookings on the page at once.
- If you have selected all bookings on the page, you can uncheck the checkbox on individual bookings to have them skipped.
- Click the Bulk Cancel Selected Bookings link.
- On the Bulk Cancel Bookings modal, keep the Send Email to notify users? checkbox checked to send an email out to the email address used to make each booking. Note: if a user has more than one booking that is being cancelled, they will get a separate email for each booking.
- Add any information that you want to have included in the email to the users in the Additional Information box.
- Click the Begin Bulk Cancel button.
- After the cancelation operation is complete the modal will update to indicate how many bookings were canceled and how many were skipped.
- Bookings will be skipped if they had been cancelled previously and the cancelation notification email will not be sent for skipped bookings.
- For bookings that had a charge associated with it, refunds are issued automatically if they were paid for via your payment gateway. For those bookings that were paid for in-person, they are given the Refund Due status and you will need to manage the status of the charge from the Admin > Billing > Charges page.
- The bulk cancelation tool only processes the bookings that have been selected on the page, with a maximum of 50, so if you have additional bookings to cancel you can proceed to the next page of results or reset your filters and re-run the report to start over.