What are Zones?
Zones allow you to organize your spaces and seats by where they are physically situated within a location (e.g. floors or wings of the library). The zones that you create for your location(s) can be used to track the utilization of your spaces, and to give your patrons an opportunity to select a space based on the zone that it is located in from the New Reservation booking page.
Zones are not a replacement for space categories. They are an additional way to sort and organize your spaces. If you have spaces that all have similar booking limits, you would continue to assign those spaces to the same category. For example, let's say that your library has multiple group study rooms on both floors of your library and there are also large meeting rooms on each floor. Because the group study rooms would all have the same booking limits that would differ from those for your meeting rooms, you would still set up separate space categories for the study rooms vs the meeting rooms. Then you could set up two new zones, Floor 1 and Floor 2, with the first-floor study rooms and meeting rooms assigned to Floor 1 and the second-floor study and meeting rooms assigned to Floor 2. This would allow you to track the utilization of your spaces on each floor and give your patrons the opportunity to find and book a room on a specific floor of the library.
While we recommend assigning spaces to a zone, if you do not want to set up zones for a location or if there are certain spaces within a location that do not fit into a particular zone that is ok -- they are optional.
Adding a new zone a location
- Go to Admin > Spaces & Equipment.
- Under the Locations tab, click on the location's edit () icon in the Action column.
- Click on the Zones tab.
- Click the Add Zone button.
- Give the zone a Name on the Add Zone modal.
- Optionally, select any spaces that are not currently assigned to a zone to this zone.
- You can also assign spaces to the zone after creating it.
- Click the Add Zone button.
After setting up zones in a location, you can:
- Use the Re-Order Zones button to adjust the order of the zones.
- See the percentage of spaces within the zone that currently active.
- Value is determined by the total current capacity for all spaces in the zone divided by the total maximum capacity for the spaces in the zone.
- Click the Edit Zone dropdown option to assign spaces to the zone or edit the zone's name.
- Use the Add New Space and Add Copy of Space dropdown options to create a new (or copy of an existing) space that will have the current zone pre-selected.
- Click on the Delete Zone dropdown option to permanently delete the zone.
- NOTE: this will not delete any spaces that were assigned to the zone. Any spaces in the deleted zone will be moved to the Spaces not assigned to any Zone section.
- Click on the Edit Space () icon to edit the details for the space in the zone.
- Click on View Public Page () icon to view that space's public booking page.
- Click on the Check In Page QR Code () icon to view and print the QR code for that space.
- This QR Code is used for checking in/out of a space for a location that has the Space/Seat Booking Check In/Out option enabled.
- Click on the Delete Space () icon to permanently delete the space.
- NOTE: this will delete all bookings and stats related to this space.