If your library uses the Alma Integrated Library System (ILS) from Ex Libris and you have access to the Alma API, you can synchronize your library's hours in Alma with LibCal.
- The Alma integration allows you to select specific libraries and/or departments in your LibCal Hours module with a library's hours from your Alma system.
- This creates a one-way sync with Alma: when a library or department is linked to Alma, you will not be able to edit its hours or exceptions in LibCal.
- When LibCal syncs with Alma, it will fetch the next 6 months of hours data and update your linked libraries & departments accordingly.
- LibCal syncs automatically with Alma weekly, though you can also manually re-sync a library or department's hours at any time in your Alma Integration settings in LibCal.
Access your Alma Integration settings
- Log into LibCal, click on Admin in the navigation bar, and select Hours from the dropdown menu.
- On the Hours page, click on the Alma Integration tab.
Connect LibCal to Alma
To set up the Alma integration with LibCal, be sure to obtain an API key for your Alma REST API. Then, follow the steps below in LibCal.
- Under the Alma Integration tab, enter the key for your Alma REST API in the Alma API Key field.
- Click the Save button.
Link libraries & departments to Alma
- Under the Alma Integration tab, click the Link a LibCal Library/Department with Alma Library button.
- In the Link LibCal Library to Alma modal window, first use the LibCal Library/Department dropdown to select the library or department in LibCal that you want to sync with Alma.
- From the Alma Library Name dropdown, select the library from Alma whose hours you want to sync to the selected LibCal library/department.
- Click the Create Link button.
When a library or department is linked to Alma, its Edit Hours and Exceptions options will be deactivated under the Libraries tab. In addition, you'll also find a note indicating which Alma library it is currently linked to.
Force a library or department to re-sync with Alma
LibCal will fetch hours from Alma on a weekly basis, so changes made in Alma may not be immediately reflected in LibCal. If needed, you can manually force LibCal to re-sync a library or department's hours. This can be helpful if you need to make sudden changes to your hours.
- Under the Alma Integration tab, locate the library or department you want to update. You can view a timestamp of its last successful sync in the Last Sync At column.
- To proceed with updating the library/department's hours, click on its Force Re-Sync () icon in the Action column. The Action column will temporarily display "In process" until the sync finishes.
Unlink a library or department from Alma
If you no longer want to sync a library or department with Alma, you can unlink it. Once unlinked, you can edit the hours and exceptions for that library/department under the Libraries tab.
- Under the Alma Integration tab, locate the library or department you want to update and click on its Unlink from Alma () icon in the Action column.