Admins can see records of emails sent from their LibCal system, as well as information about their delivery status from the Email Queue tab of the System Settings. This can aid in diagnosing whether or not a patron received a specific email and why it might not have been delivered.
The email queue stores emails for the last 30 days from the current date. For each email sent during that period, you can view the To, From, subject, body, and a list of any attachments to quickly see what exactly is being sent out from LibCal.
Each email sent will have one of three statuses:
- Queued: this means the email is in the queue and waiting to be processed
- Submitted: this means it was submitted successfully to the email server.
- This does not mean it was delivered to the recipient, it only indicates that the email was successfully sent to the email server. There may still be issues with an email's delivery once it has left LibCal's email server.
- Failed: this means there was an error preventing the email from being submitted
Note: for sites using SMTP for the email sending method, the Email Queue also records email events (e.g., queued, sent to the external server).
To view the Email Queue for your site:
- Go to Admin > System Settings.
- Click on the Email Queue tab.
- Click Go to run the report. Filters for the report include:
- Use the Status filter to view emails matching a particular status.
- Use the Type filter to view emails that are triggered from a particular action in LibCal. For example, the Event Reminder type will list all emails sent over the last 30 days that were sent as a reminder for any event (that has the reminder email enabled).
- Use the Date filter to view emails within a specific date range over the last 30 days.
- Use the Email search field to retrieve all emails sent to a particular email address.
- The last 30 days of emails sent from LibCal will be listed. For these emails you can:
- Click the View Details () icon to view the To, From, subject, body, a list of any attachments, and the success or failure of the sending for that particular email.
- Click the Retry Sending () icon to attempt to resend any emails that have the Failed status. Details of why the email may have failed can be seen on the View Details modal.