When scheduling an appointment with a librarian, a patron will need to fill out an appointment booking form. By default, these forms will only ask the patron for their name and email address. However, you can create customized booking forms to request additional information.
Each user can set their own default form to use, and each appointment location, group, and category can also have its own default form.
Admin users can view and manage all booking forms by clicking on Admin in the menu bar and selecting Appointments from the dropdown.
Under the Booking Forms tab, you can create a new form, edit or delete existing forms, and view a summary of each user's current booking form settings.
Create a new form
- In the Forms panel, click the Add New Form button.
- In the Form Name field, enter a name to describe your new form.
- Click the Save & Continue button. This will take you to the Modify Booking Form page, where you add custom form fields.
Add booking form fields
Every booking form has required name and email address fields. Although these cannot be removed, you can add fields to the booking form to request additional information from patrons. The types of fields you can add are:
- Radio buttons: multiple choice field where a single option can be selected from a list of buttons.
- Checkboxes: multiple choice field where one or more options can be selected from a group of checkboxes.
- Dropdown: multiple choice field where a single option can be selected from a dropdown menu.
- Single-line text: a one-line text input field, best suited for collecting short text responses.
- Multi-line text: a text area field that is best suited for collecting long text responses.
To add a field to your booking form:
- Click the Add New Question button. This will open the Add New Question modal window.
- In the Text field, enter a label for the field (i.e. the question you want to ask).
- From the Type dropdown, select the type of field you want to add (see the list above for an overview).
- For the Required option, you can choose to make the question required or optional. When set to required, users will have to respond to it in order to submit your form.
- If you selected one of the multiple choice field types:
- Click the Add Answer Selection button to add an answer option.
- In its Answer text field, enter the text label for that option.
- If you need to remove an option from the list, click its trash can () icon.
- When finished configuring your new field, click on the Save button to add it to your form.
Edit or delete custom fields
In the Questions panel, you can:
- Edit a question's text or answer options by clicking its Edit () icon.
- Delete a question by clicking its Delete () icon. You will be prompted to confirm before its actually deleted.
- This will permanently remove the field from your form.
- It will not appear in future form submissions, but responses to the field will still appear in your past submission data.
Reorder your custom fields
To change the ordering of your custom fields:
- Click the Reorder Questions button. This will open the Reorder Booking Form Questions modal window.
- This button will only appear if you have two or more custom questions.
- In the list of question fields, click, drag, and drop fields into your desired order.
- Although the Full Name and Email fields are display, please note that they cannot be reordered.
- When you're finished, click the Save button to update your form.
The Form Preview panel provides a real-time look at your form, exactly as it will display to patrons. This can help you fine tune your form's layout to your liking.
Edit a form
- Under the Booking Forms tab, you can edit a form by clicking its Edit () icon in the Forms panel.
- This will take you to the Modify Booking Form page, where you can add, edit, or remove question fields.
- While there, you can rename your form by clicking on the Edit () icon next to the form's name.
Delete a form
- To permanently delete a form and its questions, click on its Delete () icon under the Booking Forms tab.
- You will be prompted to confirm before the form is actually deleted.
- When deleting a form, past booking submissions will retain their responses to the form's questions.
User forms overview
- User default set: a checkmark in this columns indicates that the user has a set a default booking form for their appointments.
- Location override count: the number of appointment locations that have a default booking form that the user is overriding.
- Group override count: the number of appointment groups that have a default booking form that the user is overriding.
- Category override count: the number of appointment categories that have a default booking form that the user is overriding.
If you'd like to access a user's Appointments settings to view or change them, click on their Address Book () icon in the Actions column.