The LibCal Mapping module allows patrons to browse and book your available spaces and seats using interactive floor plan maps. Along with being able to have multiple maps for your various locations, zones, and individual container spaces, you also have control over the general layout and display of the public homepage for your interactive maps -- being able to adjust the header, sub-header (description), and default display.
Additionally, you can control whether the maps are available and shown on public pages. Within the settings for the interactive maps, you are able to toggle the mapping pages on and off -- when off the public map home page will inform users that the maps are temporarily unavailable and will provide a link to non-map seat/space booking pages. Note: you can also set individual maps to "temporarily unavailable" when editing a map.
The interactive map homepage can be accessed directly by appending /maps to your LibCal site's URL. For example, if your URL was mylibrary.libcal.com, you would access this page at mylibrary.libcal.com/maps. A link to the interactive map homepage can also be added to your LibCal homepage using a content item (learn more about customizing the LibCal Homepage).
To customize the public homepage for maps and its visibility:
- Admin users can go to Interactive Maps under the Admin menu.
- Then click on the Settings tab.
Public homepage for Maps
- In the Public Homepage for Maps panel you can adjust the following:
- Page Header: sets the page title for the mapping homepage.
- Subheader: set your description that will display below the page's header.
- Default map to display: select the map(s) to display when a user lands on the homepage. Options include:
- Card view of all Building/Standalone maps: to show all maps that are set to a location or are standalone.
- Card view of all Floorplan/Zone maps: to show all maps using the Zones map type.
- Specific map: select an individual map to load initially when a user visits the homepage.
- Click Save to complete your customizations.
Visibility on public pages
This setting controls the availability of the entire mapping module. If this is set to "temporarily unavailable" then no maps will be shown on the public pages. The public map home/landing page will inform users that the maps are temporarily unavailable and will provide a link to non-map seat/space booking pages.
Setting the maps to unavailable can be helpful as you are getting the module up and running, and during the times when you need to make updates/edits to your maps and what spaces are available via your maps.
Note: you can also set individual maps to "temporarily unavailable" when editing a map.
- Toggle the Visibility on Public Pages setting to enabled or unavailable, as needed.
- Click the Save button.