As a part of the Mapping module, heat maps show you which spaces and seats are booked most frequently -- providing valuable insight into how you might organize your seating for optimal use.
Simply select the date range and the map (LibCal Location, Spaces Zone, or Container Space) you want to explore, and see a visualization of each seat's use. On each map, you can hover over individual seats to reveal the percentage of time that seat was booked during the selected time period, and download visualizations and seat use data directly from the module.
Heat maps are only available to those LibCal systems that have the Mapping module active, and for space locations that have at least one map configured.
Viewing and filtering a location's heat maps
To view the heat maps for a location:
- Click on Spaces in the command bar.
- Select the Location you wish to view.
- Click on the Heatmaps tab.
- From the Maps dropdown, select the map you wish to view.
- If a location has no active maps, this dropdown will be inactive.
- Use the Date filter to view bookings within a specific date range.
- The default selection is to show data for the current month, but you can adjust the range as needed.
- Click the Go button to load the heat map for the selected map.
Viewing a heat map
While viewing a heat map you can:
- Hover over any portion of the map that is associated with a space or seat to view the percentage of time that seat was booked during the selected time period.
- Spaces will be colored in gradients of green to red depending on how many minutes the space was booked.
- Spaces colored red are the most heavily used.
- Spaces colored green have little to no usage.
- Click the Download SVG button to export a .svg image file of the map.
- Click the Export CSV button to download a .csv file that includes that space and seat usage data for the spaces and seats associated with the map.
- Zoom In / Out & Reset: use these buttons to zoom in or out on the map, or reset the map to the default zoom.
- Panning: use the on-screen arrows to navigate around the map.