What is the tablet display for a space?
Each space has a dedicated URL designed for displaying on a tablet, which you might affix in or near the corresponding space for the convenience of your patrons. This snapshot view of the space includes:
- Space details: View the space description, capacity, custom search filters assigned to the space, and other info.
- Availability: The display indicates with text and color if the space is currently available to book (green), in use (red), or has a booking starting soon (yellow).
- The "Until" time shows the time to which the space is available or in use.
- If the space has upcoming bookings on that day, the times will be listed along with the booking's public nickname, if applicable.
- Tap Show Availability to view upcoming availability, including a QR code for the space's booking page.
- QR code: Spaces available for instant booking include a QR code on the main screen. When scanned (for instance, by a patron's phone), this code goes to the space's booking page. Spaces cannot be booked directly on the tablet—they must be completed on the patron's phone or a separate device.
- If a booking is starting soon or is in progress, the QR code can be accessed by tapping the Show Availability button.
- Check In and Check Out: If active for a booking, Check In and Check Out options are available onscreen for the current or upcoming booking. These actions can be fully performed using the tablet display.
Each space that is bookable as whole has its own URL. The display URL is not available for seats or for spaces set as containers. When grabbing the URL, you can choose between landscape and portrait orientations to match how your tablets are mounted. The URL can be used on any wi-fi capable tablet that has an internet browser that can show the space's URL.
View the tablet display URL for a space
- Go to Admin > Spaces & Equipment.
- Under the Locations tab, click on the location's edit () icon in the Action column.
- Click the Spaces & Categories tab.
- Click the tablet () icon under the Action column for the space that you want. The space must be bookable as a whole.
- Select the desired orientation: Landscape or Portrait.
- Copy the provided URL to use on the tablet for the corresponding space.
- You can also click the link to go directly to the display in your browser to see how it will look.