Reports allow you to generate custom lists of projects. When generating a report, you can filter projects using any combination of their system fields or type-specific fields.
If you created a report that you need to run regularly, you can save it as a report template. A report template saves the filter settings you have in place, allowing you to easily apply them to future reports.
When viewing a report, you can customize which project columns to show or hide, giving you a customized view. You can then export that customized report to an Excel (.xls) file if needed.
You can also view projects directly within your report.
Create a new report
- Click on Projects in the navigation bar.
- On the Projects page, click on the New Report button.
- You can also generate a report from the Reports > Report Files page.
- In the Configuration dialog box, click the Start New / From Template dropdown and:
- Select Start blank if you want to create a report without any preset filters.
- Select Start from a template if you want to create a report using a saved template. Your new report will be preset with that template's filters, but you can further customize it as needed.
- If you are starting from a template, select the one you want to use from the Template dropdown.
- Click the Confirm button.
Customize report filters
After creating your report, you can now select the filters that you want to apply. Each filter allows you to retrieve projects that meet certain criteria, such as projects with a specific status or members.
At the top of the report page, you'll find the Projects Filters. You can use these to filter by project fields like Title, Members, Status, etc.
- Initially, you'll be presented with a few common fields to filter by.
- Depending upon a field's type, you can select an option from the filter's dropdown menu and/or enter a value.
- For example, the Owner field is a dropdown list of all project owners you can select from, while the Title filter allows you to search for terms in a project's title.
- To add or remove filters, click on the Add/Delete Filters option.
- This will display the Add/Delete Filters dialog box, where you can select and deselect the fields you want to filter by.
- When finished, click the OK button.
- To clear all applied filters, click on the Clear Search option.
Generate & export a report
After you've selected your filters, click the Generate Report button.
Once the report has finished loading, a data table containing the matching records will appear at the bottom of the page.
- In the first column, you'll find the Title of the project. Click on any link in this column to view the corresponding project.
- The subsequent columns include details about each record. Click on any column heading to sort the table by that column's data.
- You can show or hide fields from the data table by clicking on Options and selecting Set Report Data Fields. In the dialog box that appears, use the checkbox next to each field to show (check) or hide (uncheck) it.
- Use the pagination controls below the table to change the number of items displayed per page and navigate between pages.
- To export a report, click on the Export XLS option above the data table (you can also click on the Export XLS button at the top of the page). You will be prompted to give the exported file a name, then it will download in Excel (.xls) format.
- The file will include the entire set of matching projects (not just those visible on screen).
- However, please note that it will contain only those columns currently visible in the data table.
- Exported files are archived so you can re-download them again in the future. To manage your report files, go to Reports > Report Files.
Save a report as a template
If you'd like to create a report using the same filter settings in the future, click the Save as Template button. When prompted, give your template a name and click the Confirm button. Once saved, you can apply your template the next time you create a report.
To edit or delete a report template, go to Reports > Report Templates.