Managing a person profile's relationships
What are relationships?
In LibCRM, a relationship allows you to track how two people are connected. For example:
- Person A is a supervisor of Person B
- Person C is a coworker of Person D
- Person E is a student of Person F
Before you can create a relationship:
- An admin must add one or more terms to the Relationship Types category.
- Each person you want to connect must have a profile in LibCRM.
- In the command bar, click on Profiles.
- Select People from the dropdown menu.
- To view the person's profile, click on their name in the Name column.
- Use the search box to filter the list of profiles by name or email address.
- Use the page controls to change how may profiles display at once and to navigate between pages.
- Click on a column heading to sort by that column in ascending order. Click it a second time to sort in descending order.
Adding a relationship
- In the Relationships box, click on the New Relationship button.
- From the Relationship Type dropdown, select the appropriate relationship term for these profiles.
- The available terms are determined by your admin.
- The term you select will be used with all of the person profiles you selected.
- On the New Relationship modal, in the Relationship with field, click on Select Profiles and start typing the name of the other person.
- Once you find the correct person, click on their name. Repeat Steps 3 & 4 to add relationships with additional people.
- Click the Save button. This will add the relationship to the current person's profile, as well as the profile(s) selected in the Relationship with field.
Edit or delete a relationship
- To edit an existing relationship, click on its edit icon in the Actions column.
- To remove a relationship, click on its delete_forever icon in the Actions column. This will remove the relationship both people's profiles.