Managing a person profile's memberships
What are memberships?
In LibCRM, a membership allows you to track how a person and an organization are connected. For example:
- Person A is an employee of Organization B
- Person C is director of Organization D
- Person E is a member of Organization F
Before you can create a membership:
- An admin must add one or more terms to the Membership Types category.
- Each person and organization you want to connect must have a profile in LibCRM
- In the command bar, click on Profiles.
- Select People from the dropdown menu.
- To view a person's profile, click on their name in the Name column.
- Use the search box to filter the list of profiles by name or email address.
- Use the page controls to change how may profiles display at once and to navigate between pages.
- Click on a column heading to sort by that column in ascending order. Click it a second time to sort in descending order.
Adding a membership
- While viewing a person's profile, click on the New Membership button in the Current list of Memberships box.
- From the Membership Type dropdown, select the appropriate membership term for these profiles.
- The available terms are determined by your admin.
- The term you select will be used with all of the organization profiles you selected.
- In the Membership with field, click on Select Profiles and start typing the name of the organization.
- Once you find the correct organization, click on it. Repeat Step 3 to add memberships with additional organizations.
- Click the Save button. This will add the membership to the current person's profile, as well as the organization profile(s) selected in the Membership with field.
Edit or delete a membership
- To edit an existing membership, click on its edit icon in the Actions column.
- To remove a membership, click on its delete_forever icon in the Actions column. This will remove the relationship from both the person's and organization's profile.