Subscribe to a blog's new post notifications
By subscribing to a blog, users will receive an email notification each time a new post is published. These notifications will containing a link directly to the post, making it easy for users to stay up to date with the latest info.
- In the Subscribe box in your blog's sidebar, enter your email address in the text field.
- Click the Subscribe button.
- Keep an eye out for an email confirmation: you will need to click the link in this email to verify your subscription.
- You will not receive new post notifications until you've verified your address.
- Didn't receive the email? Check your spam folder or ask your IT staff to see if your email server quarantined it as spam.
When a new post is published, all verified subscribers will receive a notification email that contains the following details:
- Name of the blog and your LibGuides system
- The name of the post (which is also the email's subject line), with a link to view it
- The publication date of the post
- The post author
- A link to unsubscribe from notifications
Unsubscribe from notification emails
To unsubscribe from these notifications, users can simply click the You can unsubscribe from this list at any time link at the bottom of any notification email.
Blog admins can also unsubscribe any email address in the Blog Management options, under the Subscribers tab.