The E-Reserves Request allows faculty members (or anyone who would be requesting new reserve items) to request items be placed on e-reserve for their courses. Once requests have been submitted, library staff can then log into LibGuides to manage them and add the items to the e-reserves module.
Your E-Reserves request form can be accessed by adding /ereserves/request_form to the end of your LibGuides URL. For example: springylib.libguides.com/ereserves/request_form.
You will also find links to the form under Content > E-Reserves under:
- The Requests tab
- The Settings tab, in the Request Form panel
How to submit an E-Reserves request
The first step of the process asks faculty to enter their name and email address.
During the second step, the user is able to ask that the new item is added to existing E-Reserves courses or to create a new course.
They then fill out the details (as best they can) for the item and upload any files they wish to attach.
Once they have made one submission, they can easily submit multiple requests for the same course without having to re-enter the course's information.
Manage submitted requests
To manage your e-reserves requests, go to Content > E-Reserves > Requests.
The Requests tab is where you process items that have been submitted via the E-Reserves Request Form, which is where faculty can request to add items to their courses. Once a request is received, staff can begin the work of reviewing and processing the items.
- Use the Status filter to narrow down the list by request status. For example, if you select "New", then you will only see newly submitted requests. If you select "In Process", then you will only see the requests that have not yet finished the review process.
- Click on the Manage Request () icon in the Actions column.
- In the Manage Request window, click on the Form Data tab to view a summary of the request, including info about the requestor, course, and item.
- Then, under the Manage tab, select an Action to process this request. See the sections below for more info on:
Approve a request
- Select Approve/process request form the Action dropdown menu of the Manage Request window.
- If you'd like, you can add some Notes to be logged with the approval in the History tab.
- The Course dropdown will display the course selected by the user. However, you can select a different course if needed. When the request is approved, the item will be added to that course.
- If you'd like to notify the requestor that their request was approved, select the Notify User checkbox.
- Save your changes. The request will be approved and the item will be added to the course.
- The Add/Edit Item window will then appear, allowing you to view and edit the item information.
- The action and your notes will also be logged in the History tab.
Denying a request
- Select Deny this request from the Action dropdown of the Manage Request window.
- If you'd like, you can also add some Notes to be logged with the denial in the History tab.
- If you'd like to notify the requestor that their request was denied, select the Notify User checkbox.
- Save your changes. The request will be denied and recorded (along with any notes) in the History tab.
Delete a submitted request
- To permanently delete a request, click on the Delete () icon in the Actions column.