LibGuides provides admins with two alert boxes that they can use to share messages with users:
- One box on the LibGuides dashboard, which users will see when the log in.
- One box on the Create Guide page, which users will see when creating a new guide.
Think of these like bulletin boards for your system: you can use them to share reminders, style guidelines, contact info, and any other important messages users need to know. The content of each box can be customized just like a Rich Text/HTML content item.
Customizing the alert boxes
- Go to Admin > Alert Boxes.
- To edit the title of an alert box, click on the Edit Box () icon in the box's header.
- To add content an empty alert box, click on its Add Rich Text/HTML button.
- To edit or remove content from an alert box, click on its Edit () menu, and select the appropriate option from the dropdown.
Dashboard alert box
Create Guide page alert box