What is LTI / the LibApps LTI Tool?
LTI stands for Learning Tools Interoperability - it's a standard for integrating tools from third-party services into Learning Management Systems (LMS) like Blackboard, Canvas, Brightspace / Desire2Learn, Moodle, Sakai, etc.
In terms of Springshare products, it's a way to seamlessly integrate content from LibGuides into your LMS.
What does the LibApps LTI tool do?
It allows you to integrate your content into your institution's courses directly and appears within the LMS frame - no shifting them outside of the LMS experience. Give them what they need right alongside all of their other course information, links, discussions, etc.
Using the Manual LTI Tool:
- LibGuides CMS customers can directly embed guide content and/or A-Z Database lists.
- LibGuides and LibGuides CMS customers who subscribe to E-Reserves can directly embed an E-Reserves course page.
Even better? Our Automagic LTI Tool adds this content to each course all at once! Configure the options in LibApps, add Metadata to your guides & courses, have your LMS Admin set it up in your LMS, and watch the magic happen.
You can even set up a customizable LTI Library Page as the landing page, which allows you to share a ton of library information, including:
- Links to related guides / courses,
- a link to your A-Z Database page (optionally customized to a subject),
- LibAnswers widgets (if you subscribe to LibAnswers): LibChat & Search,
- LibCal widgets (if you subscribe to LibCal): Room Bookings / Spaces, Appointment Scheduling, Today's Hours.
Of course, you can have the best of both worlds! Set up the Automagic tool to provide library content / the library page on every course. Also add the Manual Tool to allow faculty / other course builders the opportunity to add different content in different areas of the course site, like a relevant content box or page within an Assignments area.
Everything your students need, right at their fingertips!