What is LibGuides CMS? Do I have it? How do I get it?
What is this CMS I hear so much about?
CMS is a premium addon to LibGuides that includes a ton of helpful features, including:
- The ability to organize guides into groups, each with their own homepage, friendly URL, look & feel, and access/visibility levels.
- The ability to control access to your guides, groups, or entire site by IP address-based access rules or LibAuth authentication.
- The publishing workflow, which allows designated reviewers to approve all new content before it's published.
- Public and internal discussion boards, both system-wide and within individual guides.
- Enhanced A-Z List management features, including access to the A-Z Community List.
- Access to the LibApps LTI Tool for embedding your LibGuides content into Blackboard, Canvas, Moodle, Sakai, D2L, and other supported LMS platforms.
- Access to LibWizard Lite, the app that allows you to create forms and surveys that you can easily embed in your guides.
- And much, much more!
How do I know if I already have CMS?
If you're an admin, you can check by going to Admin > System Settings. Under the General tab, in the System Information box, the System Version field will tell you if you currently have CMS.
How can I upgrade to CMS?
It couldn't be easier: just contact our Springy Sales Team for more info. :)
Because CMS is an addon to your existing system, you won't lose any of your existing content or customizations -- you'll just see a lot of cool features appear in your system once it's turned on.