View, manage, and export your assets
The assets library is where all reusable assets are stored in your LibGuides system. From here, you can centrally manage your assets, as well as create new ones.
- Admin users can edit any asset in the system.
- Regular users with the Manage Assets permission (CMS only) can also edit any asset.
- All other Regular and Editor users can only edit the assets they own.
To edit your assets:
- Go to Content > Assets.
- Use the filters at the top of the page to filter the assets library (such as by type or owner).
- TIP: You can use the Description/Metadata filter to search the HTML code of Media/Widget assets!
- To edit an asset, click on its Edit () icon in the Actions column.
- Changes made to the asset will be reflected everywhere the asset is being used.
- The only exception is if a mapping of the asset is using a custom description. In that case, the custom description will continue to display on that guide.
- Click on the Export All Records button to export the filtered list of records in either HTML or CSV format.
- To export your entire asset library, be sure to clear any filters you applied to the list.