In This Article
Adding or changing a guide's group assignment
To change a guide's group assignment, you must first edit your guide. There are two ways to do this:
- Go to Content > Guides and click on the name or Edit () icon for the guide.
- Or, from the LibGuides dashboard, use the Edit Existing Guide option in the LibGuides Shortcuts box.
Changing a guide's group
Groups are a CMS-only feature that allow you to organize related guides. Each group has its own homepage, look & feel options, and friendly URL. You can also restrict access to a group, as well, allowing you to create private or internal groups of guides. Not only can you control who can view guides, but also who can edit them, as well.
You can assign or remove a guide from a group at any time.
- Click on the pencil () icon next to the Type/Group field at the top of the guide.
- In the window that appears, select a new group from the Group dropdown.
- You will only see groups to which you've been given access by your Admin.
- If you are an Admin-level user reassigning another user's guide, remember that the guide owner will lose the ability to edit their guide unless they have also been given access to that group.
- Click the Save button.