In This Article
Customizing a guide's friendly URL
To change a guide's friendly URL, you must first edit your guide. There are two ways to do this:
- Go to Content > Guides and click on the name or Edit () icon for the guide.
- Or, from the LibGuides dashboard, use the Edit Existing Guide option in the LibGuides Shortcuts box.
Changing a guide's friendly URL
Each guide you create will have its own unique ID number. By default, that ID number will be used to give your guide a unique (but not exactly memorable) URL. For example:
Fortunately, you can customize that by giving it a friendly URL. This allows you to replace the portion of the URL following your domain name with your own custom string. For example:
- Click on the pencil () icon next to the Friendly URL field at the top of the guide.
- In the window that appears, add, edit, or remove the text for the guide's friendly URL.
- The friendly URL may only contain alphanumeric characters, dashes, forward-slashes, and underscores.
- While uppercase letters are supported, we recommend using lowercase letters to keep things simple.
- Click the Save button.