To change a guide's subject categories, you must first edit your guide. There are two ways to do this:
- Go to Content > Guides and click on the name or Edit () icon for the guide.
- Or, from the LibGuides dashboard, use the Edit Existing Guide option in the LibGuides Shortcuts box.
Changing a guide's subject categories
Subjects provide a way to organize guides by topic, discipline, or subject area. On the default LibGuides homepage, these will appear grouped under the "By Subject" tab.
- Click on the pencil () icon next to the Subjects field at the top of the guide.
- In the window that appears, select the subject categories you want to apply from the dropdown.
- You can assign a guide to as many subjects as you'd like.
- However, you can only choose from the listed subjects. Only Admin users are able create new subject categories.
- Click the Save button.