In This Article
Add a public discussion board page or subpage to a guide
What's a discussion board page?
If you'd like to build a discussion around your guide, you can add a public discussion board page (this is a CMS-only feature). Public guide discussion boards are the perfect place to discuss a particular subject, topic, or even a course or assignment.
Adding a new page
- While editing your guide, click on the gray Add New Page () tab.
- If you have a tabbed navigation guide, this will be the very last tab.
- If you have a side-navigation guide, this will be the tab at the bottom of the menu.
- Under the Create New Page tab, select "Discussion" from the the Page Type dropdown.
- In the Page Name field, enter a title for your page. This is what displays in your guide's navigation menu and page heading.
- You can give your page an optional Description.
- For the Position, select whether you want to add the page as a top-level page, or a sub-level page.
- A top-level page appears as a tab or side-navigation menu item.
- A sub-page is nested underneath a top-level page and will appear in a dropdown menu when hovering over that top-level page's tab.
- If you would like to hide this page from public view until its ready, select the Draft Mode checkbox.
- While enabled, you can only view the page while editing the guide. It will not be visible on the public guide, or while previewing the guide.
- Note: if your system has the Publishing Workflow (CMS-only) enabled, only a designated reviewer can take a hidden page out of draft mode.
- Click the Save button.