Change a page's visibility with Draft Mode
What is Draft Mode?
Draft Mode allows you to change the visibility of a page. For example, if you are adding a new page to a published guide, you could place it in Draft Mode while you're adding content to it. While in Draft Mode, the page will not appear to the public (this includes when you preview your guide, as well). Once the changes are ready to go, you can then take the page out of Draft Mode to make it visible to the public.
Change the visibility of a page
- While editing your guide, click on the page you want to customize in your guide's navigation menu (i.e. tabs or side-navigation).
- Click on the Page menu, which is located next to the Page URL above your guide's content columns.
- Under the Visibility section of the dropdown, the current option will be selected.
- Show on public guide: when selected, this means your page is visible to the public.
- Do not show on public guide: when selected, this means your page is not visible to the public. It will also not be visible when previewing your guide.
- If a page is currently hidden, a blue alert message will display at the top of the page indicating that Draft Mode is enabled.
- If a page is hidden and it contains sub-pages, please keep in mind that the dropdown menu will not display to the public if the top-level page is hidden (you can, however, still view those pages via their direct URLs as long as they are not also put into Draft Mode).
- If a user attempts to view a hidden page via its direct URL, they will see a message indicating the page is not available due to visibility settings.