Reorder and move pages and subpages
- While editing your guide, you can reorder pages while viewing any page of your guide.
- Click on the Page menu, which is located next to the Page URL above your guide's content columns.
- Under the Reorder/Move section of the dropdown, click on Pages.
- Drag and drop the pages into the order in which you want them to appear in your navigation menu.
- Sub-pages will appear nested inside of their top-level pages.
- To promote a sub-page to a top-level page, drag and drop the page between two top-level pages.
- To demote a top-level page to a sub-page, drag and drop the page inside of a top-level page.
- Click on the Save button.
Need to move pages to another guide?
The steps above will only allow you to reorder pages within the same guide. If you want to move pages from one guide to another, then you will want to consider creating a copy of the existing page in the other guide. Here's how:
- Edit the guide to where you want the pages to be moved.
- Add a new page to that guide.
- Click on the Reuse Existing Page tab in the Add/Reuse Page window.
- Select the page you want to move and customize its name and position, if needed.
- This is the most important step: be sure to enable the Copy checkbox. (On smaller screens, you may need to scroll down in the window to see this.)
- Save your changes to add the page.
- Edit the guide containing the original page.
- Delete that page from your guide to complete the "move" (or, you can place it into draft mode to hide it from public view).
- Please be sure to carefully review the deletion summary before completely deleting the page. This will indicate if any of the boxes or the entire page is being reused elsewhere. If so, you may just want to consider keeping this page, but putting it into draft mode so it's hidden from public view.
- Because you selected Copy checkbox in Step 5, deleting the page will not remove it from your new guide.