Creating a Blogs widget
The Blogs widgets allow you to create a list of recent posts from your system blog or a guide blog. These can be customized to include each post's teaser, or even the entire text of the post. This is a great way to embed the content of your LibGuides blogs in your library website, or even in other guides. When a user clicks on a link, they'll be taken to the full post in your blog.
- Go to Tools > Widgets from the command bar.
- Then click on the Blogs tab.
- In the Blog Selection section, choose the blog -- choosing from the system blog or a guide's blog -- from the Blog dropdown list.
In the Look & Feel section, choose your Output Format. The format options give you four basic options:
Output format: Simple List
Output format: Framed List
- If you choose the Framed List output, you can set the Title, Height, Width, and Link Color.
- Select the number of posts that should appear in your list in the Number of Results field. And choose whether or not a link to view more results is displayed below the list.
- For the Content options:
- Select the Display Teaser checkbox to display the teaser text underneath each blog post link.
- Select the Display Post Date checkbox to display the post's publication date next to the title.
- Select the Display Entire Post checkbox to display the entire content of the post underneath each blog post link.
- When the entire post option is selected, uncheck on the Display Images checkbox if you want to hide any images in the blog post.
- To filter the list of posts by subject, click in the Subjects field and select one or more subjects.
- To filter the list by author, click in the Accounts field and select one or more users.
- Grab the code for the widget from the Embed Code box.