Adding a book slide to a gallery box
What are book slides?
A book slide allows you to display a Book from the Catalog asset in a gallery box. For example, if you wanted to create a gallery of new books in your collection, you could add a slide for each Book from the Catalog asset. This will display the book's cover art, title, and description.
Adding a book slide
- While editing your guide, click on the page containing your gallery box in the guide's navigation menu (i.e. tabs or side-navigation).
- In the gallery box's heading, click on the Add/Edit Panes () icon.
- Click on the Add New Slide button and select Book.
- In the Add Book window, click on the dropdown and use the search box to find the Book from the Catalog asset you want to add.
- Can't find the book you're looking for? Go to Content > Assets and confirm that its been added to your LibGuides asset library.
- If it's not listed, you can add it directly from the Content > Assets page. Then, return to your gallery box and add it as a slide.
- Select the book you want to add from the list of results.
- Review the preview to see what will be added to your slide. You can always select a different book if needed.
- Click the Add button.
Customizing the slide title and description
- If you would like to edit or remove the book's title, description, or other info after adding your slide, click on the slide's Edit icon. (Any changes you make will only be reflected on this slide -- they will not affect the original Book from the Catalog asset.)