What is an API?
API stands for Application Programming Interface and it allows you to display and process your LibGuides CMS content outside of your system.
They offer more flexibility than widgets, but they also require more extensive coding knowledge and are more complicated than just copying and pasting.
The v1.1 API endpoints are retrieval only, you cannot push data into LibGuides using these endpoints, but you can with the v1.2 endpoints. Please note that there is not a search API at this time.
Note: the API is only available to LibGuides CMS customers.
Available v1.1 endpoints
The following GET requests are available from:
- Go to Tools > Widgets from the command bar.
- Then click on the Endpoints v1.1 tab.
- GET guides — Returns guides for your institution.
- GET accounts — Returns accounts for your institution.
- GET subjects — Returns subjects for your institution.
- GET assets — Returns assets for your institution.
Note: click on the API name for more details on the available parameters and example requests.