Adding a LibGuide slide to a gallery box
What are LibGuide slides?
A LibGuide slide allows you to highlight one of your guides in a gallery box. For example, if you wanted to create a gallery of popular subject guides, you could add a slide for each guide. Each slide includes a screenshot of the guide's homepage, along with its title and description. Clicking on the screenshot or the title will take the user to that guide.
Adding a LibGuide slide
- While editing your guide, click on the page containing your gallery box in the guide's navigation menu (i.e. tabs or side-navigation).
- In the gallery box's heading, click on the Add/Edit Panes () icon.
- Click on the Add New Slide button and select LibGuide.
- In the Add LibGuide window, click on the dropdown and use the search box to find the guide you want to add from your LibGuides system.
- Select the guide you want to add from the list of results.
- Review the preview to see what will be added to your slide. You can always select a different guide if needed.
- Click the Add button.
Customizing the slide title and description
- If you would like to edit or remove the guide's title, description, or other info after adding your slide, click on the slide's Edit icon. (Any changes you make will only be reflected on this slide -- they will not affect the actual guide.)