Adding a new group
- Go to Admin > Groups from the command bar.
- Click the Add Group button.
- On the Add Group modal, configure the initial settings for the group:
- Group Name: appears in the breadcrumbs for the site (but not on the group homepage), the By Group list on the LibGuides homepage, and in the Admin > Groups table.
- Description: internal description appearing in the Admin > Groups table. Does not appear on the group homepage.
- Friendly URL: assign a friendly URL to the group.
- Group Type:
- Public: Indexed; Available to all.
- Restricted: Indexed; Available to all in the designated IP range, LibAuth rule, and/or with the password.
- Internal: Not added to public search index; Available and searchable only to those with accounts in the system and access to the group.
- Click Save to create the group.
Note: only admin-level accounts can create new groups.