Adding a LibCal event slide to a gallery box
What are LibCal event slides?
If your library subscribes to a paid tier of LibCal (i.e. you do not have a free 3/3/3 subscription), you can highlight your upcoming events by adding LibCal event slides to a gallery box. For example, if you wanted to create a gallery of upcoming workshops, you could add a slide for each event. Each slide will display the event's image, title, description, date, time, locatinon categories -- all pulled directly from your LibCal calendar.
Adding a LibCal event slide
- While editing your guide, click on the page containing your gallery box in the guide's navigation menu (i.e. tabs or side-navigation).
- In the gallery box's heading, click on the Add/Edit Panes () icon.
- Click on the Add New Slide button and select LibCal Event.
- In the Add LibCal Event window, click on the dropdown and use the search box to find the event you want to add from your LibCal system.
- Select the event you want to add from the list of results.
- Review the preview to see what will be added to your slide. You can always select a different event if needed.
- Click the Add button.
Customizing the slide title and description
- If you would like to edit or remove the event's title, description, or other info after adding your slide, click on the slide's Edit icon. (Any changes you make will only be reflected on this slide -- they will not affect the actual event.)