In This Article
Delete a box from a page
Be careful when deleting boxes!
Deleting a box will permanently remove the box from your system and cannot be undone.
- When deleting a box, all Link, Media/Widget, Book, Document/File, RSS Feed, Poll, Remote Script, LibAnswers Widget, and LibWizard Item assets will remain in your assets library, so can still be used.
- However, all rich text/HTML content items will be deleted.
- If the box is being reused (i.e. mapped) on other guides, deleting the box will also remove it from those guides.
If the box is being reused elsewhere, or if you are just hoping to hide the box from the public without completely deleting it, consider placing the box in Draft Mode, instead.
Deleting a box
- While editing your guide, click on the page you want to customize in your guide's navigation menu (i.e. tabs or side-navigation).
- In the box's heading, click on the Delete Box () icon.
- In the Delete Box window, review the list of content that will be deleted. This will indicate if the box is being reused and where.
- If this is a mapped box from another guide (i.e. the recycling icon () appears in the box header), this will simply remove the mapped version from your guide. It will not affect the original box or other mapped versions of it.
- If this box is being reused on other guides (i.e. the sharing icon () appears in the box header), then deleting the box will also remove it from those guides.
- To proceed, click on the checkbox next to I understand this cannot be undone.
- Click the Delete button.