What are resource icons?
Resource icons are small images that you can help convey additional info about an asset. For example, a padlock icon could indicate that a database is restricted to campus users only, or a heart icon could indicate a favorite book. Each icon can optionally link to a URL, too. Taking that padlock icon as an example, you could link to a guide that has info for logging into databases from off campus. You can add resource icons when creating or editing the following types of assets:
NOTE: Only Admin users and regular users with the Manage Assets permission (CMS only) can add & manage resource icons.
Adding resource icons
- Go to Content > Assets.
- Click on the Icons tab.
- Click the Add Icon button.
- In the Add/Edit Icon window, click on the Select Icon button and upload the image you want to use.
- Not sure what format to use? PNG images tend to work really well for icons.
- In the Description field, enter a brief description of what the icon represents. This will be displayed in the image's title attribute, so it will display when hovering over the icon in your guides.
- Optionally, enter a URL if you would like the icon to link to another page.
- Click the Save button.
Managing resource icons
- To see how many assets are using an icon, look at the Content Count column.
- To edit an icon, click on its Edit () icon in the Actions column.
- Changes you make will be reflected in all assets using the icon.
- To delete an icon, click on its Delete () icon in the Actions column.
- This will permanently remove the icon from the system and it will no longer display next to any assets using it.