Adding and managing database types
One way you can organize your databases is by type. This can help you easily identify your full-text databases from your abstract databases, and your ebook platforms from your streaming video platforms.
You can define as many different database types as you need. Once you assign these to your databases, you can filter your A-Z Database List to easily find databases of each type.
Adding database types
- Go to Content > A-Z Database List.
- Click on the Settings tab.
- Click on the Database Types panel to expand it.
- Click on the Add Database Type button.
- Give your new type a Name.
- Click the Save button.
Managing Database Types
- To see which databases are assigned to a type: click on the number in the Database Count column.
- To edit a database type: click on the Edit () icon in the Actions column.
- To delete a database type: click on the Delete () icon in the Actions column.
- Note: this will only delete the database type -- it will not delete any databases associated with it.
- To export a list of your database types:
- Use the Copy button to copy the list of the types displaying on the page
- Or, click on Export All Records and select either HTML or CSV format to download the entire list.