Adding and managing login credential types for databases
With so many databases in your collection, it can be difficult to remember the credentials you need to sign into the admin side of your databases. This is especially true for databases set up a long time ago, as that info can easily be lost or misplaced over time. Fortunately, you can now keep track of all of your logins within your A-Z Database List!
The Login Credential Types settings allows you to create different types of credentials that each database can have. When you create or edit a database, that will allow you to store credentials for different types of things -- such as signing into the admin side of a database, logging into a database's statistics module, or even a database's SUSHI credentials.
For each Login Credential Type you create, you will be able to store a corresponding URL, Login Name, and Password in each individual database.
Adding login credential types
- Go to Content > A-Z Database List.
- Click on the Settings tab.
- Click on the Database Vendor panel.
- Click on the Add Login Credential Type button.
- Give your new credential type a name.
- Save your changes.
Managing login credential types
- To edit a credential type, click on the Edit () icon in the Actions column.
- To delete a credential type, click on the Delete () icon in the Actions column.
- The DB Count column will indicate how many databases have stored credentials for that type.
- If you delete the credential type, you will also remove those credentials from your databases -- so be careful!