Link an existing database in your A-Z List to the A-Z Community record (CMS only)
By linking a database in your local A-Z Database List to an entry in the A-Z Community (available with LibGuides CMS), you will be able to reuse the Community-curated database name, vendor, and/or description in your own A-Z List. Plus, the more linked databases you have, the more you can analyze your holdings against the rest of the A-Z Community members.
Link an existing database to the Community
When you create a new database under the Databases tab, you can look and see if it's listed in the A-Z Community. If it is, then you can link to the community database, with an option to copy the vendor, database name, and description to your local database.
- Go to Content > A-Z Database List.
- Under the Databases tab, locate the database you want to link and click on its Edit () icon in the Actions column.
- Databases that are already linked will display an active Community ( ) icon in the Actions column.
- If a database is not yet linked to the Community, that icon will be grayed out.
- In the Database Name field, click on the Community button. The Search Community Databases window will pop up with a list of results matching the name you entered.
- Select the database you want to link to.
- Click the Continue button. At this point, the link to the Community record will be made.
- Select the Name, Description, and/or Vendor checkboxes if you'd like to import that data into your own database.
- Click the Continue button to copy the info to your database.
- If you would prefer to not to copy the info to your local database, simply leave the checkboxes empty and click the Close button.
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the page.
What if my database isn't listed in the A-Z Community?
If a match can't be found for your database, then you will be given the option of contributing it to the A-Z Community. That will allow other members of the Community to link to that database in the future.
When contributing a database, the data you entered in the Vendor / Provider, Database Name, and Description fields will be added to the Community record (the Description is optional, but a vendor must be provided in order to contribute the database).