Enable the Publishing Workflow and select reviewers
Who can configure the Publishing Workflow?
|User level||Enable / Disable Publishing Workflow||Add / Remove Reviewers||View Guides Pending Review||Review / Publish Content|
|Admin users||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes, if a reviewer|
|Regular users||No||No||Yes, if a reviewer||Yes, if a reviewer|
|Editor users||No||No||No, cannot be reviewers||n/a|
Configuring the Publishing Workflow
- Go to Content > Publishing Workflow.
- Toggle the Publishing Workflow Status.
- Disabled: the Publishing Workflow is not turned on. Guide owners and editors can publish new content immediately.
- Enabled: the Publishing Workflow is turned on. Review will be required before publishing new guides, pages, and boxes.
- To add a reviewer: click in the Authorized Reviewers field and select a name from the list.
- Reviewers will have the ability to publish all hidden (i.e. Draft mode) content and change the status of guides to Published.
- New guides, pages, and boxes created by reviewers can be published immediately -- they do not require review.
- Remember: Admins are not automatically authorized reviewers and must be added individually.
- To remove a reviewer: click on the Delete () icon next to a reviewer's name.
What happens when Publishing Workflow is enabled?
When the Publishing Workflow is enabled, only authorized reviewers are able to publish content. For other users (including Admins who are not authorized reviewers), there will be restrictions when working on guides that have a status of Published.
The following table summarizes which actions will require review by an authorized reviewer.
|Changing a guide's status to Private||No|
|Changing a guide's status to Published||Yes|
|Changing a guide's status to Unpublished||No|
|Taking a box or page out of Draft Mode on a Published guide||Yes|
|Taking a box or page out of Draft Mode on a Private or Unpublished guide||No|
|Adding or editing content items & assets in visible boxes (i.e. boxes not in Draft Mode)||No|