Via the command bar
To record data to a dataset, click on Record Data in the command bar. This will take you to the default dataset selected in your account's settings. If you are currently viewing the Analyze page for a dataset, however, it will take you to that same dataset's Record Data page instead.
Via the homepage
In the Shortcuts box, select a dataset from the Record Data To dropdown.
Via the Datasets page
Click on a dataset's Record Data () button in the Actions column.
Selecting a platform
All of the data for your e-resources are managed at the platform level.
- To begin adding or managing your usage and cost data, click on the platform's Name or the Add Records () button in the Actions column.
- If you would like to clear out all of the data for a platform, click on its Empty this Platform () button in the Actions column. This will completely delete all data from the platform, so be careful!
Adding individual invoices
You can add your cost data by entering individual invoices. With each invoice, you can define the coverage and the total invoice amount. If your invoice is broken down by resource, then you can also record the cost for each one individually by adding invoice details.
Adding a new invoice
- Click on the Cost Data tab.
- Click on the Add New button.
- Enter the invoice date.
- For the Invoice Coverage field, select the start and end dates for subscription.
- In the Unique Identifier field, enter a unique reference for the invoice. This could be something like an invoice number, purchase order number, etc.
- Enter the invoice amount (using numbers and decimals only).
- Optionally, you can record the company or organization you purchased the resource from in the Purchased From field.
- You can also include optional notes about this invoice, as well.
- If you have a digital copy of the invoice or any accompanying files, you can upload those as attachments. (Each file must be 18 MB or less.)
- Click the Save button. See the next section for info on adding invoice details for individual titles.
Adding & removing invoice details
- When viewing an invoice, in the Search Title field, enter the title of the journal or database that you want to record.
- This will search for titles that were added to the platform when uploading TR and DR reports.
- An auto-suggest list will appear as you type, providing the first 25 results that match all of your search terms.
- Click on a title in the auto-suggest list to use it. Otherwise, continue typing to add a new title.
- In the Add Cost field, enter the line item cost for that title (use numbers and decimals only).
- Click the Add Details to Invoice button.
- To edit the cost of an invoice detail, click on its current cost, enter the new value, and press Enter or click Save.
- If you need to remove an invoice detail, click on its Delete Invoice Detail () button in the Actions column.
- To edit an invoice and its invoice details, click on the ID number for the invoice in the ID column or the Edit Invoice () button in the Actions column.
- To add an attachment to an invoice (such as a PDF copy), click on the Add link in the Attachment column. (Maximum file size is 18 MB.)
- This will take you to the Edit Invoice page, where you can upload the attachment.
- To create a copy of an invoice, click on the Copy Invoice () button in the Actions column. This can be a real time saver if your invoices have the same basic info year after year.
- To delete an invoice, click on the Delete Invoice () button in the Actions column. This will permanently delete the invoice, its invoice details, and its attachments, so be careful!