In This Article
Overview of LibInsight account permissions
User account levels
There are three different account levels in LibInsight.
- Admin users can manage system settings, accounts, and datasets. They have full access to every dataset in the system and are the only users who can create new datasets.
- Regular users can only analyze, manage, and/or record data those datasets where they've been given permission. Each dataset can assign these permissions to different users.
- Inactive users are those who you do not want to access the system, but want to preserve any data they've entered.
- For example, when you remove an account from LibInsight, you have to reassign that user's content to another person. If that person had recorded reference transactions, those would now be attributed to someone else -- skewing your stats.
- But if you set their account to inactive, then those records would still be attributed to them -- while still preventing them from signing into LibInsight.
Both Admin and Regular users can create dashboards and use the cross dataset analysis tool to analyze their datasets.
The table below summarizes the permissions available at each account level.
|Permission||Admin Users||Regular Users||Inactive Users|
|Sign into LibInsight||Yes||Yes||No|
|Manage system settings & user accounts||Yes||No||No|
|Define metadata and administer a dataset||Yes||Yes, but only if permission has been granted||No|
|Add records to a dataset||Yes||Yes, but only if permission has been granted||No|
|Use a dataset in analysis and dashboards||Yes||Yes, but only if permission has been granted||No|
|Create dashboards||Yes||Yes, but only for datasets they have access to||No|
|Use the cross dataset analysis tool||Yes||Yes, but only for datasets they have access to||No|
|Create and manage widgets and APIs||Yes||No||No|
|Manage SUSHI providers||Yes||No||No|