Migrating data from LibAnalytics to LibInsight and LibInsight Lite
LibInsight vs. LibInsight Lite
So, just what's the difference between LibInsight and LibInsight Lite? Although they share many core features, there are some important differences that make LibInsight Lite, well, lite. :)
|Maximum number of datasets you can create||Unlimited||Varies. Your subscription will limit you to a certain number of datasets (contact our Sales Team to increase your limit).|
|Types of datasets you can create||You can create both specialized and custom datasets. Specialized datasets provide you with analytics tailored to certain types of data, such as e-resources, circulation, acquisitions, gate counts, finances, reference transactions, and more.||You can only create custom datasets. These will allow you to run general anayltics on your data, including field analyses, time-based analyses, distributions, and cross-tab reports.|
|Supports COUNTER and SUSHI data||Yes! The E-Journals/Databases and eBooks datasets both support a range of COUNTER reports, allowing you to upload and analyze your e-resources data. You can even connect to a growing number of SUSHI providers to import your data directly from your vendor.||No, custom datasets do not support these types of data.|
|Share datasets with other LibInsight users for collaborative data collection||Yes, the Shared dataset allows you to create and share datasets with other libraries using LibInsight. You can even contribute to the ACRL Statistics dataset, which is automatically shared with every LibInsight library.||No, Shared datasets are not available.|
|Automatically import data from other Springy tools||You can automatically import and analyze top-level data from LibGuides v2, LibCal v2, and LibAnswers v2.||This is not possible with custom datasets.|
- Request your LibInsight site by contacting the Springy Support team.
- Once your LibInsight or LibInsight Lite site has been installed, get in there and see what you can do! Try creating a sample dataset from scratch, or use the file attached to this FAQ to create and populate a dataset.
- Run through the other LibInsight/LibInsight Lite FAQs to learn the other LibInsight Lite functions.
- When you're ready to bring your own data into LibInsight Lite, request your migration.
- We migrate your data on the date that you choose.
- Note: In LibInsight, each LibAnalytics dataset becomes a Custom dataset.
- You clean up your data--delete unwanted datasets and accounts, create and customize widgets to gather data.
Choosing your migration date
- Go to Admin > LibAnalytics Migration.
- In the Request Migration box, add your LibAnalytics IID.
- Note: You can find your IID when you go to your LibAnalytics site, on the login URL (i.e: https://libanalytics.com/login.php?iid=123)
- Choose the date for your migration in the Requested Date field.
- Click the Schedule Migration button.
NOTE: Data in LibAnalytics will not be impacted, but once the data is copied over to LibInsight, it can't be re-migrated. In other words, say you migrate data today and continue to record data in LibAnalytics. If you go live fully with LibInsight in 30 days, the data you collect for those next 30 days can't be brought over so it's important to set things up to go live as soon as possible after migration.
If you’d like to experiment with what LibAnalytics data looks like in LibInsight, you can export a dataset (or part of it) and import into LibInsight. We can help you if you run into issues with import.
Cleaning up your data
Once your data migration is complete, you may need to do some cleaning up. Here's a checklist:
- Change any unneeded accounts to Inactive
- Delete any accounts that are no longer needed
- Delete any datasets that are no longer needed
- Make any changes required to form options (new locations, etc.)
- Check out your widgets that you'll be using to gather data to see if you need to customize them before publicizing.