Upload data to an Acquisitions dataset
Via the command bar
To record data to a dataset, click on Record Data in the command bar. This will take you to the default dataset selected in your account's settings. If you are currently viewing the Analyze page for a dataset, however, it will take you to that same dataset's Record Data page instead.
Via the homepage
In the Shortcuts box, select a dataset from the Record Data To dropdown.
Via the Datasets page
Click on a dataset's Record Data () button in the Actions column.
- Check your Excel or CSV against the Fields List to ensure that the columns match exactly with the listed fields. Otherwise, your upload will fail.
- Choose the date format that corresponds with the format used in the data you're importing. Your data will not import if the date formats do not match.
- Upload your Excel or CSV file.
- If your data contains Select fields, you can use the Allow Adding Options setting to choose what happens if your imported data contains values not found in those fields.
- If you select No, then the import will stop and not add the unrecognized values to your field.
- If you select Yes, then the unrecognized values will be added to the list of options in your Select field.
- Click the Upload Data button.
- If the upload is successful, a confirmation message will appear at the top of the page.
- If the upload failed, an error message will appear at the top of the page. This will detail the issues found in the file so you can correct them and try again.