Via the command bar
To record data to a dataset, click on Record Data in the command bar. This will take you to the default dataset selected in your account's settings. If you are currently viewing the Analyze page for a dataset, however, it will take you to that same dataset's Record Data page instead.
Via the homepage
In the Shortcuts box, select a dataset from the Record Data To dropdown.
Via the Datasets page
Click on a dataset's Record Data () button in the Actions column.
Importing data from LibCal
If you connected your calendaring dataset to a LibCal system, then there's nothing you need to do! The data from the previous day will automatically be imported from LibCal to your dataset each night. This includes the day's total number of space bookings, appointments, events, and equipment bookings (if part of your LibCal subscription). Data from the legacy Room Bookings module is also included separately from your Spaces data.
Manually entering data
If you added a manual calendaring system to your dataset, instead of connecting to a LibCal system, one way you can record data is by manually entering it. This will allow you to enter the total number of bookings, appointments, and events for each day of the year. You can alternatively enter aggregate monthly totals, as well.
- By default, the data entry table will display the next 30 days from the current date. You can change this using the Enter Data for options.
- Select the date for which you want to start adding data.
- From the dropdown, select "Daily" to enter individual totals by day, or "Monthly" to enter aggregate totals for each month.
- If you choose the Daily entry method, the data entry table will display the next 30 days from the selected start date.
- If you choose the Monthly entry method, the data entry table will display the next 12 months from the selected start date.
- Please note: data entered using the Monthly view is recorded to the first day of each month. If you previously added data using the Daily view, then switch to Monthly, the table will only display the data saved to the first day of each month. Data saved to other dates is not deleted -- it just won't display in the table unless you switch back to the Daily view.
- Click the Go button to refresh the table.
- The data entry table has columns for Room Bookings, Librarian Appointments, Events, Spaces, and Equipment. For each day/month, enter the appropriate total in each column (or use the up/down buttons to select a number).
- Please note: you may see different column labels on your screen, as they can be customized by Admin users in the dataset's settings.
- If you want to clear a previously-saved total for a day/month, enter 0 in that field.
- Click the Save button to record your data.
In addition to manually entering your data, you can also upload a CSV file containing your calendaring data, as well. Your import file will need to include the following fields:
- date (for monthly totals, just use the first day of each month)
If you do not have data for a particular field, you can either leave that column blank or enter a zero in each row of your spreadsheet.
Uploading a file
- From the Record Data page, click on the Upload File button.
- Check your CSV against the Fields List to ensure that the columns match exactly with the listed fields. Otherwise, your upload will fail.
- Compare your CSV against the Sample CSV File Format example. The data in your spreadsheet should follow the same layout and number format or else your upload will fail.
- Under the File Upload tab, choose the date format that matches the format used in your import file. This is required for the import to be successful.
- Click the Browse button and select the CSV file you want to upload (maximum file size is 18 MB).
- Choose the Update Type you want to use:
- Add to existing values if date exists: if your import file contains data for a date that has already been added to your dataset, then LibInsight will simply add the imported value to the existing total for that date.
- Overwrite values if date exists: if your import file contains data for a date that has already been added to your dataset, then LibInsight will overwrite the existing total with the value from your import file.
- Click the Upload Data button.
- A success message will display if the data was imported.
- Otherwise, an error will display explaining any errors encountered with your import file. Make any needed changes, then try uploading it again.