With a Circulation dataset, you can record either individual transactions or just your aggregate monthly transactions. These datasets are designed to import circulation data that you've exported from your ILS, so the type of recording option you choose should correspond to the type of data you are exporting.
Your data can be analyzed with the following reports:
- Monthly or yearly overview of your total circulation
- Breakdown of circulation by group (i.e. your dataset's single-select fields)
- Cross-tab relationship between single-select fields
- Distribution of circulation by call number classification
- Review of annual trends in total circulation, as well as circulation by group and call number classification
- 100 most popular titles, based upon number of copies circulated
With the cross dataset analysis tool, you can easily compare your circulation data against your ILL borrowing and electronic resource usage to see how your patrons are accessing library resources. These datasets are also handy if you create a dashboard tracking all of your access services data.