Via the command bar
To analyze a dataset, click on Analyze in the command bar. This will take you to the default dataset selected in your account's settings. If you are currently viewing the Record Data page for a dataset, however, it will take you to that same dataset's Analyze page instead.
Via the homepage
In the Shortcuts box, select a dataset from the Analyze Data In dropdown.
Via the Datasets page
Click on a dataset's Analyze Data () button in the Actions column.
- Use the Date Range fields to select the start and end dates for your analysis.
- The dataset description (above the date pickers) will let you know the date of the earliest record in your dataset.
- Click the Go button.
The Overview reports provides a summary table of your data within the selected date range. For example, if you are recording data by month, this will provide the total for each field by month, ending with a grand total for the entire period.
Field Aggregates report
The Field Aggregates report provides a statistical summary of your data, including the Count, Sum, Average, Median, Minimum, and Maximum values for each field.
The Charts report allows you to visualize your data for one or all fields, using a bar, stacked, or line chart. You can even select individual fields to compare, as well.
- In the Charts field, select the fields you want to analyze.
- Click on the Display Chart button.
- Use the Bar, Stacked, or Line options to change the chart type.
The Distributions report breaks down the data from one or more fields over time. This includes totals by year, month, day of the week, and weekday vs. weekend.
- Select the fields you want to analyze.
- Click the Show Distribution button.
As you accumulate years of data in your dataset, the Trends report allows you to compare the current year to previous years so you can analyze trends in your data. This will not only help you visualize these trends, but you will also be able to see details such as year-over-year changes and a comparison of the current year to the first year included in your report.
You can run a trend analysis on any segment of time less than or equal to 12 months. For example, if you filtered your reports to show only 6 months of data from January to June, then your Trends report will compare that same time period in previous years. This can help if you want to see trends in specific semesters, quarters, or seasons.
- Select the Trend Period you want to analyze.
- Click the Show Trends button.
- Click on the Toggle Trend Details link to view the year-over-year comparison in the data table.
Under the Export tab, you can export a CSV file containing all records within the selected date range. Just click on the Export Data into CSV button to download the file.