Editing the info and timestamp options for a Shared dataset
- Go to Admin > Manage Datasets.
- Click on the shared dataset's Edit () button in the Actions column.
- Under the Edit Dataset Info tab, customize the desired options. This includes:
- The dataset's name
- The optional description of the dataset
- Optional custom JS/CSS code to customize the dataset's appearance.
- Click the Hide Pre-Defined Entries, Hide Entered By, and/or Hide Internal Notes links to automatically insert code for hiding those fields on the Record Data page
- Make sure to place all CSS code between
- Optional custom footer code (this will override any custom footer code added to the LibInsight system settings).
- Enabling whether or not users can add more than 1 record at a time.
- When this option is enabled, users can enter multiple copies of the same record at once.
- This can be helpful, for example, if you received 5 of the exact same directional question during your shift, as you won't have to re-enter the same data 5 separate times.
- Selecting the timestamp recording method (this can only be customized if the dataset is empty).
- Display Start & End Date/Time Stamps: this will allow users to pick a starting and ending time. This is good for data such as instruction sessions, where it can be helpful to know how long a session runs. When using this type of timestamp, you will be able to use the Duration analysis for your data.
- Display One Date/Time Stamp: this will allow users to select a single date and time.
- Display Date Stamp Only: this will allow users to select a single date -- not a time.
- Display Month/Year Stamp: this will allow users to select the month and year, which can be helpful when recording aggregate data.
- Automatically Calculate the Timestamp: this will record the date and time that a record was submitted, which can be useful for things like feedback surveys so you know when someone responded.
- Click the Next >> button to save your changes.