Shared datasets allow you to collaboratively record data with other libraries using LibInsight. This is a great way for consortia, public library systems, university systems, and others to contribute data to a single dataset.
Admins have the ability to manage access to Shared datasets for their system.
- Go to Admin > Shared Datasets from the navigation bar.
- On the Shared Datasets page you can:
- If a library has asked to share a dataset with you, you can gain access to it by clicking the Accept Share button in the Action column. This will allow you to start adding records to that dataset.
- If you no longer want to contribute to a dataset that has been shared with you, click on the Remove Share button in the Action column.
- To revoke sharing for a Shared dataset you've created, click on the Deactivate button in the Action column. This will prevent invited contributors from contributing any more data.
- In order for you to start sharing a Shared dataset you've created, you must first click on the Activate button in the Action column. This will allow the invited contributors to begin adding data to it.