To manage your platforms:
- Go to Admin > Manage Datasets.
- Click on the dataset's Edit Platforms () button in the Actions column.
Adding a new platform
In LibInsight, your electronic resources are organized by platform. It can be helpful to think of a platform as a website where you can access a set of resources from a particular vendor. When you upload or import usage data, it will be at the platform level. And while most will find it helpful to place all resources from a single vendor under one platform, each library's collections are different, so take some time to consider how you'd like your usage data to be organized before creating your platforms.
When creating your dataset, you have two options for adding platforms: creating brand new platforms one by one, or importing them from your central platforms list.
Add platforms individually
- Click on the Add New Platform to this Dataset button.
- Under Add New Platform, enter the name of your platform.
- Enter the name of the platform's vendor.
- Optionally, you can add some internal notes, with any special details you think are important.
- Optionally, you can add one or more URLs for this platform. This can include the URL for the public interface, admin interface, stats interface, etc.
- Click on the Add New URL () button to add more URLs for this platform. You can choose to record a username and password with each new URL you add, which is handy for remembering your admin logins!
- Optionally, you can record where the platform was purchased from, such as a regional or consortial package.
- You can also set the default SUSHI credentials to use for this platform. This is convenient because LibInsight will select these credentials by default when you attempt to import usage data. You can add new SUSHI Credentials under Admin > SUSHI Providers.
- Click the Save button.
- Repeat steps 1-8 to add more platforms. When finished, click the Done Editing Dataset button.
Importing platforms from other datasets
You can use the import option copy platforms from your central platforms list.
- Click on the Import platforms button.
- Under the Import from Platforms List tab, select the platforms that you would like import to your new dataset. Click the All checkbox at the top of the table to select/deselect all checkboxes.
- Click the Copy selected platforms into my dataset button at the bottom of the page. A confirmation message will display at the top of the page.
- When done, click the Back to Platforms button.
- If you're finished adding platforms, click the Done Editing Dataset button.
Managing a dataset's platforms
- To edit a platform, either click on the Edit this Platform () button in the Actions column.
- When editing a platform, you will also find shortcuts for adding data, managing invoices, managing licenses, and managing data uploads for that platform.
- To empty all of a platform's data, click on the Empty this Platform () button in the Actions column. This will remove all uploaded/imported data for the platform, so be careful!
- To completely remove a platform, click on the Delete this Platform () button in the Actions column. This will permanently remove the platform and its data, so be careful!